Marine Coatings (MARINE)
Duration: 5 Days / 40 Hours, Includes Written Exam
Class Time: 8:00-5:00
Cost: Member $995, Non-Member $1,195
Credits: 3.8 CEUs
Certification Terms: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
Contact Dee Boyle to schedule
412.281.2331, Ext 2202 • email@example.com
A five-day fundamental training program that covers the practical aspects of the selection, specification and use of coatings in a safe, effective, and economical manner to protect structures in harsh marine environments.
- Introduction to Marine Coatings
- Elements of Marine Corrosion
- Coating Fundamentals
- Marine Coating Systems
- Antifouling Coatings
- Surface Preparation
- Coating Application
- Quality Management
- Coating Failures
- Assessing Marine Corrosion
- Safety and Environmental Issues
- Ocean Vessels (Blue/Deep Water)
- Inland Vessels (Coastal, Brown Water, Shallow Draft)
- Offshore Structures
- Coastal Marine Structures
Other Areas Covered
- New Construction Painting
- Maintenance Painting
- Dry Docking
- Crew Maintenance
- Ride-Along Painting Crews
- The use of Worldwide standards in the marine industry
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the nature of corrosion in the marine environment.
- Describe the world-wide standards and organizations pertinent to marine coatings.
- Identify the coating materials used in marine environments.
- Employ proper coating application practices to protect marine structures.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that includes a glossary of terms, references for additional reading, and copies of relevant handouts, standards, and regulations.
The written exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs, you must attend all 40 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Who Should Attend
Contractors, engineers, inspectors, consultants, facility owners, technical services and sales reps.
Marine Coatings eCourse
SSPC's Marine Coatings is also available as anThe Marine Coatings eCourse starts on the 15th of each month throughout the year. Each semester is 20 weeks (5 months). Students can work at their own pace over the 20-week period to complete the units, workshops, and quizzes. The final exam is also completed online.