PCI Level 2 Term and Renewal
PCI Level 2 Certification Term and Renewal
An SSPC Level 2 Certified Protective Coatings Inspector shall be capable of performing all the duties and responsibilities of a PCI Level 1 Inspector. In addition, the Certified Level 2 PCI shall be capable of:
- Supervising PCI Level 1 Inspectors
- Document a minimum of 2000 hours of coatings inspection (or related)experience as it occurs during the four-year certification period
- Planning and supervising inspections, initiating and reviewing inspection procedures, and evaluating the adequacy of activities
- Implementing and monitoring the Quality Control Program.
PCI Recertification Exam, online in the SSPC MarketPlace
In order to assure that inspectors are keeping abreast of new regulations and technology, inspectors will have to take an open book refresher exam online. The exam will be based on information updates that have been posted on the PCI website. All recertification candidates must take the refresher exam online and pass with an 85%.
PCI Level 2 Certified Inspector status may be maintained for a period of four years.
Inspectors are required to
1. Complete and submit to SSPC a Renewal Packet every four years from their certification date. Renewal letters are sent to the last known address 6 months prior to the recertification date. The letter includes a return form with information to process a renewal.
2. Download & Submit Forms
3. Periodically visit the PCI website to review the regulations and technology updates that are posted,
4. Register and take the certification refresher exam before the expiration date of your certification.
(Note 1: Once your renewal packet is received by SSPC, you will receive a User ID and Password via email. You will use this information to access and take the online exam. The recertification exam is intended to be completed "open book" using electronic PDF files of the units found in the student manual provided online.)
PCI Recertification Fees
- $250.00 PCI Level 2 Recertification Online at Member Rate
- $450.00 PCI Level 2 Recertification Online at Non-Member Rate
- $450.00 PCI Level 2 Recertification Exam Package (hard copy) mailed
- Candidate is responsible for sending SSPC updated address information
- If we still get no response by their certification expiration date, the individuals certification expires and they must re-take the PCI Course and Level 2 Certification Exam to become certified again
Disciplinary Action Criteria
Click here for the whole Disciplinary Action Criteria document.
The program also employs a Disciplinary Action Criteria (DAC) and administrative procedures establishing rules for:
- Issuing warnings to inspectors
- Placing inspectors on probation
- Suspending, revoking, or denying certification of inspectors who are cited for critical faults in safety, workmanship, ethical practice, and criminal law, that have been reported and verified