Protective Coatings Inspector (PCI) 1-Day Workshop
*This course is intended for coating professionals with
experience using inspection equipment.*
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods and equipment for inspecting surface preparation and installation of industrial and marine protective coatings and lining systems on an array of industrial structures and facilities.
- Surface Preparation and Inspection
- Coating Application and Inspection
- Inspection Procedure Development
- Simulated Project Inspection
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the common duties, responsibilities and the role of an industrial coatings inspector
- Explain the importance of thorough documentation
- Describe how coatings inspection can help prevent premature coating failure
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
- Perform coatings inspection on industrial projects
- Compare inspection results to specification requirements
The course provides participants 1 day of intensive training and includes multiple workshops and problem solving exercises so that participants may immediately apply the learning in a classroom setting, without the pressures of production and project schedules. In order to enhance the learning environment and illustrate the importance of teamwork, the workshops and exercises will be done in small teams.
Who Should Attend
Coating project managers, quality managers, inspectors, contract supervisory level personnel, coating specification writers, coating and equipment suppliers, coating consultants, or technical service representatives involved in the steel protective coatings industry.
See chart below on how to progress through the PCI Program, via two different paths:
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy and Airforce personnel. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, contact Jennifer Merck at 877.281.7772, ext 2221 or merck@ sspc.org.