Protective Coatings Inspector Program (PCI) Online
Duration: 20-Week Semester, Includes Course Exam
Class Times: N/A
Cost: Member $995, non-Member $1195
Certification Terms: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee - $100
Contact Silvia Palmieri to schedule:
412.281.2331, Ext 2202 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 15
- February 15
- March 15
- April 15
- May 15
- June 15
- July 15
- August 15
- September 15
- October 15
- November 15
- December 15
Why Take The PCI Online Training?
This program is a great way to prep candidates for the PCI Level 1, PCI Level 2 and PCI Level 3 Certification Exams. Once you complete the PCI Online Training you can also attend the SSPC . See below chart on how to progress through the PCI Program.
What do you get?
- 24-7 access to some of the best coatings training materials in the world
- Over 190 training units with nearly 3,000 instructional slides in total
- Slides contain Videos, Animations, Diagrams, Photographs and Voice-over
- Every unit has printable documentation and training notes
- Video Guides, Tools, Calculations and Conversions
Want to Check Out the PCI Online Homepage?
Click here to see the home page and other interactive pages of the PCI Online Training!
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods of inspection for surface preparation and installation of industrial and marine protective coatings and lining systems on an array of industrial structures and facilities.
There are no prerequisites to take the PCI Online Course. However, this course is not an entry-level course. PCI meets the requirements of ASTM D3276, Standard Guide for Painting Inspectors (Metal Substrates).
Protective Coatings Application
- Health and Safety
- Access, Plant and Equipment
- Surface Preparation
- Paint Types
- Paint Application
- Quality Control
Abrasive Blast Cleaning
- Health and Safety
- Blast Media
- Standards and Quality Control
- Operational Procedures
- Process Control
- Health and Safety
- Paint Materials
- Airless Spray Equipment
- Conventional Air Spray
- Plural Component Spray
Inspection and Engineering
- Inspection Equipment
- Cathodic Protection
- Marine General
- Marine PSPC
- Coating Failures
- Metallic Coatings
- Design and Construction
- Fire Protection
- Specialist Coatings
- ISO and Other International Standards
- Quality Management
- Paint Testing
- Soluble Salts
- Paint Manufacture
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the common duties, responsibilities and the role of an industrial coatings inspector
- Recognize the role of the coating manufacturer on a coatings project
- Describe the authority of a coatings inspector
- Explain the importance of thorough documentation
- Identify the differences between quality assurance and quality control and the common duties of quality assurance and quality control personnel
- Describe the purpose and content of a pre-job or preconstruction conference
- Explain the importance of ethics of inspection personnel
- Describe the methods used to evaluate coating performance prior to full-scale installation
- Describe the unique aspects of performing coatings inspection on an overcoating project and on projects employing thermal spray coatings, powder coatings and duplex coating systems
- Describe how coatings inspection can help prevent premature coating failure
- List potential safety hazards associated with coatings inspection
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
- Perform coatings inspection and industrial projects
- Compare inspection results to specification requirements
SSPC’s PCI-Online features units as a series of web pages that students can access whenever it is convenient to them. Students can now take the exam online as soon as they finish completing the units and quizzes. The exam is corrected automatically and you will know your results right away. You will also be able to download your certificate of training right away. To pass the PCI Online Training exam, candidates must get a 70% or higher on exam.
General eCourse Information
SSPC eCourses are perfect for those students who are unable to attend a regular public offering. After completing each quiz, students receive instant feedback to aid in the learning process. Workshops are designed to encourage interactivity among students and the instructor. The PCI Online Training also includes videos demonstrating important procedures and practices.
What is the Next Step After I Complete the PCI Online Training?
Students passing the PCI Online Training exam at 70% or higher can take the PCI Level 1 written and hands-on certification exams. When you clickit will take you to the PCI Level 1 landing page. Candidates that complete the PCI Online Training do not have to sit through the PCI Level 1 Lecture, they can go right to the PCI Level 1 Exams.
Also NEW to the SSPC Training Line Up, Candidates can now take a one day in personon how to use coating inspection instruments. This is a good option for candidates that want to brush up their skills before taking the PCI Level 1 Hands-On Instrument Exam.
Who Should Attend
Coatings project managers, quality managers, inspectors, contractor supervisory level personnel, coating specification writers or coatings or equipment suppliers, coating consultants, or technical service representatives involved in the steel protective coatings industry.