C7 is designed for contractor personnel who wish to obtain certification, or others who wish to learn about blast cleaning of steel and nonferrous surfaces. It covers principles of surface preparation, surface cleanliness, surface profile, dust and debris control, and abrasives. Please note: Students who do not want to receive the C7 Certification, but would still like to receive training, can attend and receive a certificate of attendance by only attending the lecture portion of the training and observing the blaster demonstration. There are no pre-requisites required for training-only.
- Principles of Surface Preparation
- Nozzle Abrasive Blast Cleaning Systems (with Hands-On Session)
- Portable Centrifugal (Wheel) Abrasive Blast Cleaning Systems (with Hands-On Session)
- Abrasive Blast Cleaning Nonferrous Substrates
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the basic principles of surface preparation
- Identify proper blast cleaning equipment setup and abrasives used
- Demonstrate proper blast cleaning technique to achieve certification
The course starts out with a classroom overview of fundamentals in preparation for the written exam, which is then followed by a thorough review and walk-through of abrasive blasting and portable centrifugal blasting equipment setup and operation. Once the written exam is completed, a tailgate safety meeting is conducted to review safe gun operating procedures, including troubleshooting and signals, before the hands-on session takes place.
Following the equipment review, the instructors will observe each student as they describe setup procedures and demonstrate their blasting skills. This format provides candidates with prior blasting experience an opportunity to achieve blaster certification. This program is not intended for inexperienced blasters. Each candidate will receive a comprehensive manual that includes copies of useful handouts and industry blast cleaning standards. Those who successfully complete the blaster certification program will receive a certificate and wallet identification card from SSPC.
The written multiple-choice exam is worth a maximum of 100 points. The hands-on evaluation is also worth a maximum of 100 points. Candidates wishing to achieve the C7 Certification and CEUs must attend all 16 hours of the certification and pass the written exam with a score of 70% and the hands-on exam with a score of 90%.
Who Should Attend
- Contractors and facility owners
- Contractor personnel who wish to obtain certification
- Others who wish to learn about dry abrasive blast cleaning of steel