Thermal Spray Training
Duration: 1 Day / 8 Hours, Includes Course Exam
Class Time: 8:00 - 5:00
Cost: Member $395, Non-member $595
Credits: 0.8 CEUs
Certification Term: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
Contact Dee Boyle to schedule
412.281.2331, Ext 2202 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Jennifer Merck (email@example.com.) for information on the SSPC Thermal Spray Certification Program
A one-day training program that covers the fundamentals of applying thermal spray coatings to industrial substrates.
- Introduction to Thermal Spray Technology
- Thermal Spray Application Equipment
- Thermal Spray Coatings and their uses
- Application Technique
- Industry Standards for thermal spray process
- Surface Preparation
- Quality Control
- Safety and Environmental considerations
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Define thermal spray coating (TSC) and provide an overview of its application and uses
- Discuss 3 types of arc spray equipment, their components, & safety considerations during their operation
- Summarize SSPC CS-23/AWS C2.23M/NACE No.12 Specification for Application of Thermal Spray Coatings (Metallizing) of Aluminum, Zinc and Their Alloys and Composites for the Corrosion Protection of Steel
- Describe surface preparation, specifications, and inspection requirements just before applying a thermal spray coating
- Describe the procedures used to apply and inspect thermal spray coatings (TSC) to steel
The modules are supplemented by exercises in which students inspect blasted surfaces for degree of cleanliness of the panels; determine the profile; perform bend tests and inspect the bend; determine the DFT; and perform the cut test and assess the cut. Each participant will receive a comprehensive student manual. The written exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs you must attend all 8 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Who Should Attend
Thermal spray operators and those interested in learning more about this process.
SSPC Training Courses are available through the following SSPC licensed training providers.
-Pradeep Radhakrishna, Insignia FZE
-Classes held in Middle East and Africa.
-Provider of: C7, C12, ATT, Thermal Spray, PCI, CCI, C1, C2 and PCS