The Board of Governors
The affairs of SSPC are managed by a Board of Governors composed of thirteen (13) elected members, plus a non-voting Secretary and Treasurer, and ex-officio members.
The composition of the Board is based on the demographics of the organization, as follows:
- 3 members elected from individuals representing Facility Owners (individuals who are employed by public or private sector owners of assets who are responsible for the maintenance of coatings of heavy or light industrial structures and surfaces).
- 2 members elected from individuals representing Coating Material Suppliers (individuals who own, are employed by, or represent firms that manufacture or distribute coatings, linings and or the raw materials used to manufacture these products).
- 3 members elected from individuals representing Other Product Suppliers (individuals who own, are employed by, or represent firms that manufacture or distribute equipment, abrasive or peripheral products for use in the protective coatings industry).
- 3 members elected from individuals representing Coating Contractors (individuals who own or are employed by contracting firms specializing in the removal or application of coatings and linings, either in the field or shop).
- 1 member elected from individuals representing Other Service Providers (individuals who own, are employed by, or represent firms who provide services such as engineering and consulting, that support the protective coatings industry).
- 1 member shall be elected from the international membership. An international delegate shall be from any demographic. An International delegate can be from any country outside North America.
Current Board Members
Effective July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
L. Skip Vernon
Benjamin S. Fultz
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ex-Officio Board Member
Ex-Officio Board Officers
William Shoup - SSPC Staff/Secretary
Barbara B. Fisher - SSPC Staff/Treasurer
Stephen P. Collins
Material Process Engineer
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Newport News Shipbuilding
4101 Washington Avenue, Bldg. 902-2
Newport News, VA 23607
Email: Gail Warner
SSPC's day-to-day operations are run by five directors who oversee different parts of the organization. The Executive Director is the head of the organization with the other four directors reporting to that position.