Career Opportunities at SSPC
Individual Membership Specialist
SSPC is seeking to fill the position of Individual Membership Specialist in our Pittsburgh headquarters. The position will report to the Director of Member Development and Engagement and will be an important part of the team as the organization continues to see significant growth.
Primary and Essential Duties and Processes
1. Ensure the successful development and administration of SSPC’s Individual Membership program.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment and retention programs to achieve sustained Membership growth
- Develop appropriate renewal mechanisms, membership correspondence and forms
- Initiate the development of process improvements in the membership department
- Produce data files for Membership renewal statements
- Produce the monthly data files for JPCL
- Work with other SSPC staff to ensure that membership options are always offered when appropriate
- Respond to customer service enquires for membership and delivery of membership benefits
- Participate in the research and development of new membership benefits
- Create Membership engagement programs and foster student development
- Ensure that SSPC member demographic information is complete and current
- Represent SSPC at conferences and trade shows.
2. Responsible for providing monthly reporting for Individual Membership by membership type, country and demographics.
3. Responsible for working with the technology department to ensure that membership reports and data are accurate and to implement automation wherever possible.
4. Participate in setting membership revenue goals and ensuring that membership revenue goals are achieved. Work closely with the Corporate Membership Specialist to jointly develop a strategy to grow membership. This would be presented to the leadership team and reported on quarterly.
5. Proactively calling on members and customers daily.
6. Actively work with business development, pushing BD (and vice versa) to visit members when they are on the road handling other opportunities.
7. Coordinate activities with the Membership Coordinator and the Organizational Membership Specialist.
8. Coordinate SSPC’s Individual Award Programs
9. Partner with the Marketing Communications team to implement promotions and communications that promote the membership experience and member conversion. Work with the Marketing Communications team to create membership collateral to support the growth of membership.
10. Provide articles about membership for JPCL and the SSPC E-newsletter.
Qualifications to Support Primary And Essential Duties and Processes:
- High school graduate with 5+ years experience or college graduate with 2 years experience in a business environment.
- Skill requirements: office administration skills - file systems, records and reports, scheduling and coordination. Knowledge of the use of Macintosh computers and software technology is essential.
- Professional, courteous, personable, patient, ability to draft correspondence, read documents, create, format and edit documents on draft correspondence on Mac. Ability to use modern communications such as email, websites, internet. Ability to communicate with all levels of the work force who represent SSPC customers.
- Usual level of mental effort and time demands; these are intensified as conferences and events approach when multiple activities take place simultaneously.
Core Competencies to Ensure Success:
- Customer focused
- Strong listening skills
- Problem solving acumen
- Sound functional and technical skills.
- Time management capability
- Must show cooperation with others – team player
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, CRM tools and PowerPoint
- Project Management Skills
Complementary Duties and Processes:
- Assist with administrative support in special projects or circumstances.
- Participate in teams and task groups for meetings and projects as needed assigned or appointed.
- Travel as required
Additional Qualifications to Support Complementary Duties and Processes:
No additional qualifications needed; work condition factors are essentially the same as for the Primary and Essential Duties and Processes.