Career Opportunities at SSPC
Multimedia Production Specialist
The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for the creation of videos, online demos, audio files, webcasts, webinars, live streaming and other multimedia that support SSPC products and services. The position requires hands-on experience conceptualizing, shooting, editing and encoding/converting multimedia files for use in social media, website and other media products.
The Multimedia Specialist will work with other SSPC departments to identify, develop, prioritize and deliver multimedia projects to support SSPC objectives and user needs. The position requires experience in a number of multimedia areas including video, audio, online demos, social media formats, live webcasting, webinars, etc. The Multimedia Specialist will script, shoot, edit and encode/convert multimedia for use in online and other digital delivery media. Multimedia will be created for promotional purposes and to support products and services, including but not limited to:
- Training & Certification videos: JPA videos, demonstrate hands-on use of devices such as testing equipment, coating application, abrasive blasting, etc.
- Standards content videos: demonstrate sample preparation, standards procedures, apparatus setup, etc.
- Membership videos: provide insight/awareness of membership services, new committee activities, SSPC practices and procedures
- Promotional videos: produce informative messages that support marketing activity
- SSPC.org and Social Media demonstration videos: demonstrate how to navigate SSPC.org and access member tools, how to use SSPC community software, e-learning software, committee collaboration tools, etc.
The Multimedia Specialist will perform technical duties in the production of video and audio projects including on- and off-site shooting of video, operating non-linear editing (NLE) equipment/software, recommending and maintaining video, audio, lighting equipment and software, maintaining and organizing video, audio and image archives.
The Multimedia Specialist will work with other departments to gain understanding of online products and services in order to produce online demonstration videos that directly capture video from computer displays.
Functions and Objectives
- Develop and implement a program for producing videos that provide demonstrations of specific tasks performed by students as part of SSPC training programs
- Develop and implement a program for producing online demonstrations of SSPC products and services
- Work with various SSPC departmental staff to identify needs and prioritize projects, including Marketing, Training, Product Development, JPA, Membership, Corporate Communications, etc.
- Work with Technology & Communications department to deliver finished files.
- Work with outside organizations to schedule on-location video shoots and coordinate materials/personnel needed for the shoots
- Work well with SSPC technical members who are volunteering their time to demonstrate practices, test methods, etc.
- Provide training to relevant staff on multimedia issues
- Work with outside vendors and suppliers to coordinate necessary equipment and materials needed for shoots
- Develop budgetary information in cooperation with other departmental managers and meet budgetary targets
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associates degree or equivalent years of hands-on working experience in video production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player, outside-the-box thinker, solution oriented
- Self starter, passionate about video production and creative design, fast learner
- Excellent working knowledge of the entire range of video production from inception to delivery of final project
- Excellent working knowledge of video editing techniques and software, including Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor) or Adobe Premiere equivalents
- Excellent working knowledge of audio editing techniques and software, including Apple GarageBand, Adobe Audition, or equivalents
- Working knowledge of Wirecast live video streaming
- Excellent working knowledge of video encoding and conversion techniques, protocols and software
- Excellent working knowledge of video player software and their file requirements
- Understanding of online video capture software such as Camtasia
- Understanding of technologies supporting conversion of video to specific media delivery, including social media, online, DVD, mobile device format, etc.
- Understanding of key supporting software including Microsoft Photoshop, Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Flash, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Graphic design and web design experience a plus