SSPC Enlists Diverse Group to Offer Coatings Session at Upcoming 2017 AISC North American Steel Construction Conference
February 27, 2017
Pittsburgh – SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings announced today completion of the first Coatings educational session for the upcoming NASCC Steel Conference. This session is one of sixteen featured “Steel Conference Sessions” to be offered to attendees of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) North American Steel Construction Conference (NASCC) 2017 scheduled for March 22 - 24, 2017 at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center in San Antonio, TX.
The Coatings Session will be held on the afternoon of Thursday March 23, 2017 from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM CST in the Grand Hyatt, Texas Ballroom D, which is located adjacent to the convention center. All NASCC 2017 attendees who want to participate in the session must register at www.wynjade.com/nascc17/ for the Coatings Session. Participants can earn credit for up to four (4 PDH) Professional Development Hours.
SSPC enlisted a diverse group from the protective coatings industry to build a relevant technical session focused on topics of value for conference attendees who design or work with structural steel and encounter protective coatings in the field or shop environment.
The Coatings Session includes technical presentations on:
- Protective Coatings and Coating Systems for New Steel Bridges.
- Coating Specifications for New Steel Structures and for Rehabilitating Existing Steel Structures.
- Surface Preparation Methods and Industry Standards.
- Coating Application Methods and Industry Standards.
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance Inspection and Industry Standards.
This four-hour session was developed by the collaborative work of the following companies:
- Blast-One International
- Covestro LLC
- GPI / Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
- James K. Weber Consulting LLC
- KTA-Tator, Inc.
- PPG Protective & Marine Coatings
- Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings
- SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings
- Tnemec Company, Inc.
To learn more about the conference, please follow this link:
To download the conference program, please follow this link:
To learn more about the Coatings Session, please contact:
Jim Kunkle, SSPC Specification Specialist
Skype ID: kunkle.sspc
Phone: +1 (412) 288-6029