Last updated March 29, 2013
The committees below are accepting additional members subject to the following restrictions:
- Membership is limited to one voting representative per company. Additional representatives from the same company may join as nonvoting members.
- Committees must maintain a balance of interest among supplier, end-user (owner), and general interest voting members. There is no balance requirement for nonvoting members.
- Voting members who fail to respond to three consecutive ballots from a committee lose their voting privileges on that committee.
- If a request for voting membership cannot be honored, you wil be contacted by SSPC staff.
A committee membership application form is available here . See for more information on technical committee membership.
- Revision of SSPC-PA Guide 13, Guide Specification for Application of Coating Systems with ZInc-Rich Primers to Steel Bridges (Joint project with AASHTO/NSBA)
- C.1.3.A Coal Tar Coatings (reactivation): The committee will review and revise SSPC Paint 32, Coal Tar Emulsion, SSPC-Paint 33 Coal Tar Mastic, Cold-Applied, and SSPC Paint 16, Coal Tar Epoxy Polyamide Coating
- C.1.14, Revision of SSPC-CS 23.00/AWS C.2.23/NACE No. 13, Specification for the Application of Thermal Spray Coatings (Metallizing) of Aluminum, Zinc, and Their Alloys and Composites for the Corrosion Protection of Steel
- C.2.12 Location and Number of Soluble Salt Test Measurements on Steel Substrates: The committee is developing a procedure for determining the location of test sites and number of measurements required to determine compliance with specified levels of soluble salts.
- C.2.13, Impact of Water Soluble Salt Contamination on Protective Coatings: The committee will prepare a consensus report reviewing the basic chemistry and physics of soluble salts and how salt contamination may impact the performance of protective coatings. The report will also provide an extensive review of the coatings literature.
- C.2.14, Specifying and Implementing Dehumidification on Protective Coatings Projects: The committee will provide guidance to owners and specifiers for incorporating dehumidification requirements into project specifications; and for contractors and inspectors to ensure proper installation and functioning of a dehumidification system.
- C.2.17, Revision of SSPC-SP 1, Solvent Cleaning: The committee will review and update SSPC-SP 1, Solvent Cleaning.
- C.5.3.C Environmental Monitoring (reactivation): The committee will review and update SSPC-TU 7, Conducting Ambient Air, Water, and Soil Monitoring During Surface Preparation and Paint Disturbance Activities
- C.8.1 Commercial Cleaning and Painting: This new committee will develop a guidance document for Detection of Moisture in Concrete and Masonry Walls and Ceilings and a Guide for Evaluating and Categorizing Pinholes in Coatings Applied to Concrete and Masonry Walls, Floors, and Ceiling
- C.8.2 Commercial Coating Materials: The committee is developing a performance standard for elastomeric exterior waterborne high-build coatings.
- C.8.4 Commercial Air and Vapor Barrier Coatings: This committee plans to develop a Guide for Fluid Applied Air Barrier Coatings for Concrete Masonry Units