Last updated February 27, 2015
The committees below are accepting additional members subject to the following restrictions:
- Membership is limited to one voting representative per company. Additional representatives from the same company may join as nonvoting members.
- Committees must maintain a balance of interest among supplier, end-user (owner), and general interest voting members. There is no balance requirement for nonvoting members.
- Voting members who fail to respond to three consecutive ballots from a committee lose their voting privileges on that committee.
- If a request for voting membership cannot be honored, you wil be contacted by SSPC staff.
A committee membership application form is available here . See for more information on technical committee membership.
- C.1.1, Zinc Coatings: The committee will review and update SSPC-Paint 20, Zinc-Rich Coatings Type I - Inorganic and Type II - Organic, and Paint 30, Weld-Through Inorganic Zinc-Rich Primer.
- C.1.4.A, Water-Borne Acrylic Coatings: The committee will review and update SSPC-Paint 24, Latex Semigloss Exterior Topcoat.
- C.1.5.F, Coating Systems for Thermally Sensitive Surfaces: The committee will develop a standard for coating systems for insulating thermally sensitive surfaces.
- C.1.15, Revision of SSPC-Guide 14: The committee will review and update SSPC-Guide 14, Guide for the Repair of Imperfections in Galvanized, Organic, or Inorganic Zinc-Coated Steel Using Organic Zinc-Rich Coatings
- C.1.7, Powder Coatings: The committee will develop a guide to provide background information on the types and application processes used to apply powder coatings, including general surface preparation and handling requirements, and guidance on specifying coatings for commonly encountered industrial service environments.
- C.3.4, Revision of SSPC-PA 5: The committee will review and update SSPC-PA 5, Guide to Maintenance Coating of Steel Structures in Atmospheric Service
- C.5.1, 2014 Review and Revision of SSPC-Guide 12, Illumination of Industrial Painting Projects
- C.5.3, 2015 Review and Revision of SSPC-QP 2, Standard for Evaluating Painting Contractors (Removal of Hazardous Coatings from Industrial/Marine Structures)
- C.5.5, Containment Support Structures and Platform Design: The committee will develop a technology update for design of elevated platform systems accessing or supporting containment structures
- C.7.3 Surface Preparation Standards for Concrete: The committee will develop a set of standards for cleanliness of concrete surfaces prepared using various cleaning techniques.
- C.7.5, Texture of Concrete Floor Coatings: The committee will develop a classification scheme and standard for texture of floor coatings.
- C.7.6, Revision of SSPC-PA 7: The committee will revise and update SSPC-PA 7, Applying Thin FIlm Coatings to Concrete
- C.7.7, Revision of SSPC-SP 13/NACE No. 6: The committee will revise and update the joint SSPC/NACE standard for Surface Preparation of Concrete
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-PA 8/NACE No. 11, Thin-Film Organic Linings Applied in New Carbon Steel Process Vessels