Last updated November 21, 2013
The committees below are accepting additional members subject to the following restrictions:
- Membership is limited to one voting representative per company. Additional representatives from the same company may join as nonvoting members.
- Committees must maintain a balance of interest among supplier, end-user (owner), and general interest voting members. There is no balance requirement for nonvoting members.
- Voting members who fail to respond to three consecutive ballots from a committee lose their voting privileges on that committee.
- If a request for voting membership cannot be honored, you wil be contacted by SSPC staff.
A committee membership application form is available here . See for more information on technical committee membership.
- C.1.3.D, Revision of SSPC-Paint 39, Two-Component Aliphatic Polyurea Topcoat,Fast or Moderate Drying, Performance-Based
- C.2.13, Impact of Water Soluble Salt Contamination on Protective Coatings: The committee will prepare a consensus report reviewing the basic chemistry and physics of soluble salts and how salt contamination may impact the performance of protective coatings. The report will also provide an extensive review of the coatings literature.
- C.2.14, Specifying and Implementing Dehumidification on Protective Coatings Projects: The committee will provide guidance to owners and specifiers for incorporating dehumidification requirements into project specifications; and for contractors and inspectors to ensure proper installation and functioning of a dehumidification system.
- C.2.17, Revision of SSPC-SP 1, Solvent Cleaning: The committee will review and update SSPC-SP 1, Solvent Cleaning.
- C.5.3.B, Revision of SSPC-Guide 7: The committee will review and update SSPC-Guide 7, Guide to the DIsposal of Lead-Contaminated Surface Preparation Debris
- C.7.5, Texture of Concrete Floor Coatings: The committee will develop a classification scheme and standard for texture of floor coatings.
- C.8.1 Commercial Cleaning and Painting: This new committee will develop a guidance document for Detection of Moisture in Concrete and Masonry Walls and Ceilings and a Guide for Evaluating and Categorizing Pinholes in Coatings Applied to Concrete and Masonry Walls, Floors, and Ceiling
- C.8.2 Commercial Coating Materials: The committee is developing a performance standard for elastomeric exterior waterborne high-build coatings.
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-PA 6/NACE No. 10, Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Linings Applied to Bottoms
of Carbon Steel Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-PA 8/NACE No. 11, Thin-Film Organic Linings Applied in New Carbon Steel Process Vessels