Committees Forming Now
Updated: January 14, 2019
The committees below are accepting voting members subject to the following restrictions:
- Membership is limited to one voting representative per company. Additional representatives from the same company may join as nonvoting members.
- No more than 50% of the committee members may represent a single stakeholder interest category (e.g, contractors, coating manufacturers, consultants, equipment manufacturers).
- Voting members who fail to respond to three consecutive ballots from a committee lose their voting privileges on that committee.
- If a request for voting membership cannot be honored, you wil be contacted by SSPC staff.
A committee membership application form is available here. See SSPC Committee Membership for more information on technical committee membership.
Contact Aimée Beggs (firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-288-6042) if you are interested in joining one of these committees. Note that only one voting member per company is permitted on a committee, and no more than 50% of the voting members can represent supplier interests
- C.1.1, Zinc Coatings: The committee will review and update Paint 30, Weld-Through Inorganic Zinc-Rich Primer and Paint 29, Zinc Dust Sacrificial Primer, Performance-based
- C.1.3.D Polyurethane Coatings: The committee will review and update SSPC Paint 36, Two-Component Weatherable Aliphatic Polyurethane Topcoat, Performanced-Based
- C.1.8, Fluoropolymer Coatings: The committee is developing a performance-based standard for fluoropolymer coatings.
- C.1.9, Polyurea Coatings: This reactivated committee will review/revise two polyurea coating guidelines from the Polyurea Development Association for consideration as joint consensus documents
- C.2.3, Revision of SSPC-SP 11, Power Tool Cleaning to Bare Metal and SSPC-SP 15, Commercial Grade Power Tool Cleaning.
- C.2.8, Revision of SSPC-SP 16: The committee will review and revise SSPC-SP 16, Brush-Off Blast Cleaning of Non-Ferrous Metals
- C.2.15, Periodic Review/Revision of SSPC-Guide 15, Field Methods for Extraction and Analysis of Soluble Salts on Steel and Other Nonporous Substrates.
- C.2.21, Partial Blast Cleaning of Coated Steel for Maintenance Coating: The committee will develop a standard for blast cleaning corroded areas of coated steel while cleaning and roughening retained intact coating in preparation for maintenance coating.
- C.3.7, Revision of SSPC-QP 5: Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualifications of Coating and Lining Inspection Companies
- C.3.16, Revision of SSPC-PA Guide 11, Guide to Protection of Edges, Crevices, and Irregular Surfaces.
- C.3.17, Revision of SSPC-QP 6: Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualifications of Contractors Who Apply Thermal Spray (Metallizing) for Corrosion Protection of Steel and Concrete Structures
- C.8.2, Commercial Coating Materials: The committee will develop a performance standard for thin-film coating materials for concrete substrates in commercial applications.
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-PA 8/NACE No. 11, Thin-Film Organic Linings Applied in New Carbon Steel Process Vessels
- International Standards Advisory Group:The committee will develop a performance standard for thin-film coating materials for concrete substrates in commercial service environments.