Committees Forming Now
Updated: April 27, 2018
The committees below are accepting voting members subject to the following restrictions:
- Membership is limited to one voting representative per company. Additional representatives from the same company may join as nonvoting members.
- No more than 50% of the committee members may represent a single stakeholder interest category (e.g, contractors, coating manufacturers, consultants, equipment manufacturers).
- Voting members who fail to respond to three consecutive ballots from a committee lose their voting privileges on that committee.
- If a request for voting membership cannot be honored, you wil be contacted by SSPC staff.
A committee membership application form is available here. See SSPC Committee Membership for more information on technical committee membership.
Contact Aimée Beggs (firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-288-6042) if you are interested in joining one of these committees. Note that only one voting member per company is permitted on a committee, and no more than 50% of the voting members can represent supplier interests
- C.1.1, Zinc Coatings: The committee will review and update Paint 30, Weld-Through Inorganic Zinc-Rich Primer
- C.1.14, Review of SSPC CS 23.00/AWS CS 2.23/NACE No. 12: standard for approval as an American National Standard.
- C.1.13, Coatings for Concrete in Wastewater Facilities: The committee will review and update SSPC-Paint 44, Liquid-Applied Organic Polymeric Coatings and Linings for Concrete Structures in Municipal Wastewater Facilities, Performance-Based
- C.1.3.D Polyurethane Coatings: The committee will review and update SSPC Paint 40, Moisture-Cure Polyurethane Zinc-Rich Primer
- C.1.5.F, Prevention of Corrosion Under Insulation: The committee will develop a guide for Prevention, Inspection and Repair of Corrosion under Insulation
- C.2.8, Revision of SSPC-SP 16: The committee will review and revise SSPC-SP 16, Brush-Off Blast Cleaning of Non-Ferrous Metals
- C.2.11, Profile Measurement Compliance (Revision of SSPC-PA 17)
- C.3.16, Revision of SSPC-PA Guide 11, Guide to Protection of Edges, Crevices and Irregular Surfaces
- C.3.17, Revision of SSPC-QP 6: Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualifications of Contractors Who Apply Thermal Spray (Metallizing) for Corrosion Protection of Steel and Concrete Structures
- C.5.6, Revision of SSPC-PA Guide 10 and Guide 17: The committee will review and update two important safety-related guides used by industrial coating contractors.
- C.5.5, Containment Support Structures and Platform Design: The committee will develop a technology update for design of elevated platform systems accessing or supporting containment structures
- C.7.8, Revision of SSPC-TR 5/ICRI 03741/NACE 02203, "Design, Installation and Maintenance of Protective Polymer Flooring Systems for Concrete"
- C.7.9, Concrete Flooring Systems: This committee will develop a guide to selecting coatings for concrete flooring systems based on service environment requirements.
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-PA 8/NACE No. 11, Thin-Film Organic Linings Applied in New Carbon Steel Process Vessels
- International Standards Advisory Group: This group will monitor international standards activities that may affect SSPC and provide member input where possible.
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-QP 5: This committee will review and update SSPC-QP 5, Evaluation of Qualifications of Coating and Lining Inspection Companies.