Minimum Requirements for Technical Standards Library of QP 2 Certified Contractors
SSPC's Painting Contractor Certification Program (PCCP) is a national pre-qualification service developed by SSPC for facility owners and others who hire industrial painting contractors. SSPC-QP 2 is a supplement to QP 1 and evaluates the competence of contractors to perform industrial hazardous paint in the field.
- SSPC-QP 2, Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualifications of Painting Contractors to Remove Hazardous Paint
- SSPC-Guide 6, Guide for Containing Debris Generated During Paint Removal Operations
- SSPC-Guide 7, Guide for the Disposal of Lead-Contaminated Surface Preparation Debris
- 29 CFR 1910, General Industry Standards
- 29 CFR 1910.1025, General Industry Lead Standard
- 29 CFR 1926, Safety and Health Regulations for Construction
- 29 CFR 1926.62, Construction Industry Standard For Protection Of Workers From Lead
- 40 CFR 50 (Appendices B and G) "National Ambient Air Quality Standard for Lead"
- 40 CFR 58 (Appendices C and E) "Setting Ambient Air Monitors"
- 40 CFR 60 (Appendix A) "Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources"
- 40 CFR 122, National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- 40 CFR 745, Worker Training & Certification Rule
Note: The three SSPC standards listed above can be found in Systems and Specifications, SSPC Painting Manual, Volume 2, and can also be purchased and downloaded individually from the SSPC MarketPLace.