Aerospace Engineer Coating Application (AERO ENG)
Duration: 4 Days (32 Hours)
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: Member - $1,020, NonMember - $1,220
Credits: 3.0 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
The objective of this course is to support corrosion prevention and control during the lifecycle of the Department of Defense systems. The course familiarizes engineers with corrosion mitigation, coating application, and inspection practices through multiple workshops and problem-solving exercises.
- Applicable military documents
- Corrosion control and basics
- Surface Preparation for Painting
- Surface preparation
- Coating qualification, validation, and verification
- Coating types and applications
- Coating defects and failures
- Coating and corrosion inspection
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize those military documents and specifications used in corrosion control of aircraft.
- Identify the coatings applied to aircraft.
- Define the performance properties needed to qualify, validate, and verify coatings for aircraft.
- Identify coating defects and failures and define methods for prevention and repair.
- Define the requirements of a proper inspection method.
This course features modules, workshops, and quizzes. At the end of the course, a 25-question multiple-choice final examination is given. In addition to completing all of the course modules, a passing grade of 70% or higher is needed on the final exam to receive a certificate of completion and CEUs.
Who Should Attend
Aerospace engineers involved with corrosion mitigation, coating application, and inspection should take this course.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel in this course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.