AEROSPACE MAINTAINER COATING APPLICATION TRAINING (AERO MAIN)
Duration: 3 Days (24 Hours)
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: Member - $695, NonMember - $895
Credits: 2.4 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
The objective of this course is to support corrosion prevention and control during the sustainment life cycle of the Department of Defense systems. The course familiarizes aerospace maintainers with corrosion mitigation and coating application practices through multiple workshops and problem-solving exercises.
- Corrosion Basics and Control
- Surface preparation
- Coating types and application
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Define common types of corrosion.
- Recognize how the environment contributes to corrosion.
- Explain how the selection of materials can impact the extent of corrosion.
- Describe how a coating protects aircraft.
- Identify specific information on the manufacturer’s product data sheet (PDS) and safety data sheet (SDS).
- Recognize and identify those hazards described by Hazard Communication Safety (HCS) labels.
- Employ proper surface preparation methods before painting aircraft.
This course features modules, workshops, and quizzes. Day 3 of the course features a hands-on workshop in surface preparation and coating application. At the end of the course, a 25-question multiple-choice final examination is given. In addition to completing all of the course modules, a passing grade of 70% or higher is needed on the final exam to receive a certificate of completion and CEUs.
What is the Next Step after I Complete the Aerospace Maintainer Course?
The Aerospace Maintainer Coating Application Training can fulfill the training requirement for the SSPC Aerospace Coating Application Specialist (ACAS) Certification Program. Information on the ACAS program can be found here
Who Should Attend
Service men/women who perform maintenance and repair work on military aircraft.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel in this course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.