Spray Application Certification (C12)
The following links will give you more information on the different Spray Application Certifiction (C12) program options:
How to Register
Click here to find a course & register online
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
- A craft-worker that is SSPC Coating Application Specialist (CAS Level II) Certified is considered to have met and exceeded the qualifications of an individual who is SSPC C7 or SSPC C12 Certified or both.
- Candidates may substitute their C12 hands on exam results for the CAS Level II hands on blaster exam, if they have achieved a score of 90% or greater.
SSPC CAS - C7/C12 EQUIVALENCY
- SSPC offers the option to obtain a C7 / C12 equivalent certificate for members holding an active Level 2 CAS. These certificates can be helpful for projects requiring or specifying C7 or C12 certifications of employees. The equivalency certificates are issued in a project specific manner, for example if an employee has an active CAS and is on a job running from 12/31/16 until 6/25/17 he is able to submit this information to SSPC who can grant him a certificate for this timeframe. At the end of the job date 6/25/17 the certificate expires and must be renewed if the project is not finished.
- The purpose of this equivalency certificate is to allow workers with CAS certification to show their competence in areas covered in the C7 and C12 course on a short-term basis while not requiring the C7 or C12 course itself.
- To request the form to apply please contact:
- Nathan Wyman
- Phone: (877) 281-7772 ext 2234
- Email: email@example.com
Certification Term & Renewal
All certified C12 individuals must recertify in the fifth year from their initial certification date.
Click here to learn more about the recertification process.
Approved C12 Licensees
SSPC Training Courses are available through the following SSPC licensed training providers.
The Virtual Paint Simulator used in the Spray Application Basics Training Course was purchased in part through a grant from The Sherwin–Williams Company.