Applicator Training Basics eCourse
Duration: 20-Week Semester, Includes Course Exam
Class Times: N/A
Cost: Member $420, Non-Member $620, Flex Points 6
Certification Term: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
Contact Silvia Palmieri to schedule
412.281.2331, Ext 2201 | email@example.com
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
- January 15
- February 15
- March 15
- April 15
- May 15
- June 15
- July 15
- August 15
- September 15
- October 15
- November 15
- December 15
Applicator Training Basics eCourse Description
The Applicator Training Basics e-course covers the “Core Body of Knowledge” of ACS-1/NACE 13 requirements for surface preparation and application as well as safety in painting. Taking this course counts toward the required formal training needed to qualify for CAS Certification. However, e-learning does not include any required hands-on training and additional formal training (classroom and hands-on) may be needed to satisfy all of the certification pre-requisites.
- Surface Preparation
- Abrasive Materials
- Coating Materials
- Application Methods of Protective Coatings
- Process Control
Benefits of Attending
There are many benefits to taking this course and completing it successfully counts as training hours needed to qualify for applicator certification. After completion, you will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the causes and mechanisms of corrosion and common methods of corrosion control.
- Surface preparation methods used to prepare steel and concrete for application of protective coatings, removing surface defects and contaminants and proper use of surface preparation standards visual aids
- Describe the types and characteristics of abrasives and how they should be stored and handled.
- Explain the reasons for using industrial protective coatings, and desirable material properties for these coatings, and coating components, their functions, and how they contribute to desired coating properties.
- Cover application methods of protective coatings, proper handling of coatings prior to application, the methods and techniques used to apply coatings, and identify possible coatings defects prior, during, and after application of the coating.
- Define quality and quality system terms, identify organizations that issue quality standards, describe why documents and data must be controlled during an industrial painting job.
- Review the importance of equipment verification and calibration, describe what the inspector does, discuss the causes of common coating failures and recognize how coating failures are investigated.
- Identify hazards that are commonly encountered by coating applicators and the equipment, methods, and procedures available to reduce these hazards to an acceptable level.
General eCourse Information
How are eCourses taught?
SSPC eCourses are perfect for those students who are unable to attend a regular public offering. This e-learning course features the same units that are used in the on-site classes. Each unit has been converted into a series of web pages that students can access whenever it is convenient to them.
How Often are the eCourses Offered?
SSPC eCourses will start on the 15th of each month throughout the year. Each semester is 20 weeks (5 months). Students can work at their own pace over the 20-week period to complete the modules. The final exam is also completed online.
Students can now take the exam online as soon as they finish completing the units and quizzes.
The exam is corrected automatically and you will know your results right away.
Other Benefits of the e-course
- Related links and featured areas of SSPC web sites are provided
- Students may email other students participating in their course through the Education Director Message system
- Students can book mark specific sections of the course to the Education Director Notebook feature and use this as they study
SSPC eCourse Information:
Contact Silvia Palmieri at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.281.2331, ext. 2201.
Click here for Accreditation Information