Once workers pass the SSPC Level 2 "full status" application specialist certification written and practical exams, SSPC will perform the following administrative tasks:
- Maintain documentation of the certification by entering the students into the SSPC database.
- Issue SSPC certificates and photo ID wallet cards for those who have achieved certification.
Certification will be valid for no more than three years and is maintained by:
Successful completion of a minimum of 24 hours per year of training; and 500 hours per year of verifiable relevant work experience.
- Member rate: $250.00 CAS Level 2 Full Status
- Non-member rate: $450.00 CAS Level 2 Full Status
Candidates are required to complete and submit to SSPC a Renewal Packet. Renewal letters are sent to the last known address, 6 months prior to the recertification date. The letter includes the application forms with information to process a renewal. If you need further assistance, contact Silvia Palmieri at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-281-7772 ext 2201.
Download & Submit forms:
For more information on the CAS Program, contact Jennifer Merck at (412) 281-2331 x2221 or via email at email@example.com.
Options on How to Recertify:
When it comes time for your CAS Full Status Candidates to re-certify they can do the following:
CAS Full Status Term
You only have one option:
Submit 72 hours total of formal training that the candidate received during the three year term, and 1500 hours relevant work experience.
- Year 1 of certification = 24 hours training, 500 hours work experience
- Year 2 of certification = 24 hours training, 500 hours work experience
- Year 3 of certification = 24 hours training, 500 hours work experience
- Complete and submit the recert application forms.
- The cost is $250 for members and $450 for non members.
- There is no recert written exam to take.
- The candidate is then good for three more years.