CAS Hours of Accepted Formal Training
Accepted formal training includes:
- CAS Interim Status = 150 hours of accepted formal training
- CAS Full Status = 450 hours of accepted formal training
1. Current SSPC courses that meet the accepted formal training requirements are:
- Airless Spray Basics (C-12) - 16 hours
- Protective Coatings Inspector Program (PCI) - 50 hours
- Fundamentals of Protective Coatings (C-1) - 40 hours
- Lead Paint Removal (C-3) -32 hours
- Lead Paint Removal Refresher (C-5) - 8 hours
- Abrasive Blasting Program (C-7) - 16 hours
- Floor Coating Basics - 16 hours
- Concrete Coating Inspector (CCI) Program Levels and Options (CCI) - 40 hours
- Marine Coatings - 40 hours
- Water Jetting Program Recert (C-13) - 16 hours
- Marine Plural Component Program (MPCAC-C-14) - 16 hours
- Bridge Coating Inspector Program (BCI) - 40 hours
- NAVSEA Basic Paint Inspector (NBPI) - 40 hours
- Quality Control Supervisor (QCS) - 16 hours
- Plural Component Basics - 16 hours
- Lead Paint Worker Safety - 8 hours
- Metallizing Basics - 8 hours
- Basics of Nonferrous Surface Preparation (online) - 6 hours
- Steel Surface Preparation Short Course (online) - 8 hours
- Basics of Concrete Surface Preparation eCourse - 5 hours
The Applicator Training Basics e-course covers the "Core Body of Knowledge" of ACS-1/NACE 13 requirements for surface preparation and application as well as safety in painting. The elearning does not include any hands on training.
2. Applicator Training Basics E-Course - 80 hours
3. Specialty Modules That Meet the Full Body of Knowledge
SSPC has added seven new modules to help contractors meet the Full Body of Knowledge as outlined in SSPC ACS-1/NACE 13: The modules can be purchased on a CD individually or you can purchase all 7 together on one CD.
The CD will provide you with a complete plan on how to successfully provide the training to your workers on the topics below.
The CD Contains:
- Student Manual
- Written Exam
- Written Exam Answer Key
- Instructor Manual -(Describes how to teach the supplement)
- Slide Presentation
|Water Jetting||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours||SSPC Water Jetting Basics (C-13)|
|Plural Component||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours||SSPC Plural Component Basics|
|Coating Concrete||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours||SSPC Floor Coating Basics (C-10)|
|Thermal Spray||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours||Based on custom SSPC Thermal Spray Course|
|Pipeline Coatings||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours|
|Electrostatic Spray||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours|
|Powder Coatings||1 day training, 1 day hands-on - 16 hours|
For more information:
Please contact Rachel Clites, email@example.com or 1.877.281.7772 ext. 2232 to order.
4. Professional Development or Continuing Education
SSPC, NCCER, IUPAT application specialist training, community college, apprenticeship or trade school courses in the sciences or math or English or equivalent meeting the SSPC Transition Plan Body of Knowledge. Candidates that submit NCCER, IUPAT or other formal training courses must submit the training certificate for the course and the course must be approved by the SSPC program administrator.
NOTE: Get information on SSPC's Application Specialist Training
Candidates may also receive training from material and equipment suppliers and in-house trainers on specific equipment and products used on project sites.