Concrete Coating Basics (CCB)
Duration: 2 Days / 16 Hours, Includes Course Exam
Class Times: 8:00 - 5:00
Cost: Member $620, Non-Member $820
Credits: 1.5 CEUs
Certification Terms: N/A
How to Register
Click here to find a course & register online
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
This course is designed to provide basic training to contractors and act as a prerequisite for individuals seeking Concrete Coating Inspector Certification. This course also meets the practical training requirements of SSPC-QP 8, Section 4.4, which requires that each job crew chief and each QC Manager complete a minimum two-day overview of concrete components, coating and surfacing types, surface preparation and substrate repair techniques based on SSPC consensus standard TU-10, Procedures for Applying Thick Film Coatings and Surfacings Over Concrete Floors.
- Concrete Composition
- Coating and Surfacing Concrete
- Condition Assessment
- Planning and Documenting Work
- Concrete Repair and Surface Preparation
- Treatment of Concrete Joints
- Readiness Prior to Installation
- General Installation Guidelines
- Concrete Sealers
- Concrete Primers
- Concrete Coatings/Topcoats
- Application Methods
- Post-Installation Quality Assurance
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the basic properties of concrete
- Identify the procedures involved in inspecting, documenting and preparing for an installation
- Detect substrate defects that must be repaired before coating/surfacing
- Employ surface preparation techniques based upon the requirements of the system to be installed
- Describe how to apply/install coatings to concrete substrates
- Evaluate contractor quality control of work
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that includes a glossary of terms, references for additional reading and copies of relevant handouts, standards and regulations. The first two days of the program are devoted to classroom lecture that is supplemented by quizzes and group exercises. At the end of the second day the concrete coating basic exam is given. The examination includes multiple-choice questions. A passing grade of 70% or higher is needed to receive a certificate and CEUs. You must pass this course to move onto the CCI certification course.
Who Should Attend
Concrete contractor coating managers and Inspectors, contractor managers, specifying engineers, technical representatives and material and equipment suppliers involved in the concrete coating industry.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy Coast Guard and Airforce personnel in SSPC’s CCB Course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, contact Jennifer Merck at 877. 281.7772, ext 2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Accreditation Information
What’s a good course to take after you have completed the Concrete Coating Basics?
Check out the: Concrete Coating Inspector Program