Concrete Coatings Inspector (CCI) Program Path 3
Concrete Coating Inspector Program (CCI) | Day 1-4
Duration: 4 Days/32 Hours, Includes Course, Course Exam, and Certification Exam
Class Times: W-F: 8:00 - 5:00; Sat: 8:00 - 2:00
Credits: 2.3 CEUs
Certification Term: 4 years
Written Exam Retake Fee:
Inspection Plan Exam Retake Fee:
Practial Exam Retake Fee:
To schedule an exam retake:
Contact Kelly Oakes to schedule
Phone: (877) 281-7772 ext. 2215
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
Prerequisites for Certification Level CCI
Certification Term and Renewal
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods of inspecting surface preparation and installation of industrial protective coatings on concrete industrial structures and facilities.
- Inspection & Treating Substrate Problems That Affect Coating Quality
- Inspection of Ambient and Substrate Conditions
- Inspecting Surface Preparation Equipment
- Inspecting and Testing Abrasive Blast Media
- Safety Hazard Inspection
- Inspecting Surface Preparation
- Inspecting Coating Application on Concrete
- Coating Specifications
- Simulated Pre-Job Conference
- Inspection Procedure Development
- Simulated Project Inspection
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the common duties, responsibilities and the role of an coating inspector
- Use concrete coating inspection equipment according to the manufacturers' guidelines
- Identify specified concrete surface preparation methods
- Systemize record keeping procedures pertaining to the job specification
- Describe the inspector's team responsibilities and authority with respect to the contractor's operations
- Devise and implement job-specific pre-job conferences & work plans
- Observe, assess and document concrete repairs as determined by the specification
- Recognize the environmental conditions pertaining to surface preparation, concrete repairs, coating application & coating cure as determined by the specification
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual with copies of relevant SSPC standards.
The course includes lecture, hands-on workshops, quizzes, written homework and assigned readings from the manual.
Candidates who have taken the SSPC Floor Coating Basics (C-10) or have previously taken the Concrete Coating Basics Program (CCB) are approved to move right onto Day 1-3 of the Concrete Coating Inspector Program (CCI). These candidates must also meet the pre requisite experience requirements that are listed in the link above.
Days 1-3 of the program are devoted to classroom lecture about planning and providing third party quality assurance through inspection from pre-surface preparation through post coating application. Lectures are supplemented by quizzes and group exercises. At the end of Day 3, the technician exam is given. The technician written exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and a hands-on test in the practical use of instruments. A passing grade of 70% or higher on the written and hands-on technician exam is required to move on to certification exam given on Day 4.
On Day 4 the concrete coating inspector certification exam is given. The certification examination includes a 100 multiple-choice question written exam and a hands-on test on the practical use of instruments. A passing grade of 80% or higher on the written and hands-on certification exam is required to become an SSPC Concrete Coating Inspector.
Who Should Attend
Inspectors, contractor managers, specifying engineers, technical representatives and material and equipment suppliers involved in the concrete coating industry.