Concrete Coatings Inspector (CCI) Program Path 6
Concrete Coating Inspector Training Program (CCI)
Coating Concrete Basics | Day 1 and 2
Concrete Coating Inspector Training Program (CCI) | Day 3-5
Duration: 5 Days/40 Hours, Includes Course and Course Exam
Class Times: M-F: 8:00 - 5:00
Credits: 3.8 CEUs
Certification Term: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee:
Practial Exam Retake Fee:
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
Prerequisites for Certification Level – There are no prerequisites for this level. Students with limited exposure to the coatings industry should choose to take this training program.
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods of inspecting surface preparation and installation of industrial protective coatings on concrete industrial structures and facilities.
- Inspection & Treating Substrate Problems That Affect Coating Quality
- Inspection of Ambient and Substrate Conditions
- Inspecting Surface Preparation Equipment
- Inspecting and Testing Abrasive Blast Media
- Safety Hazard Inspection
- Inspecting Surface Preparation
- Inspecting Coating Application on Concrete
- Coating Specifications
- Simulated Pre-Job Conference
- Inspection Procedure Development
- Simulated Project Inspection
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the common duties, responsibilities and the role of an coating inspector
- Use concrete coating inspection equipment according to the manufacturers' guidelines
- Identify specified concrete surface preparation methods
- Systemize record keeping procedures pertaining to the job specification
- Describe the inspector’s team responsibilities and authority with respect to the contractor’s operations
- Devise and implement job-specific pre-job conferences & work plans
- Observe, assess and document concrete repairs as determined by the specification
- Recognize the environmental conditions pertaining to surface preparation, concrete repairs, coating application & coating cure as determined by the specification
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual with copies of relevant SSPC standards. The course includes lecture, hands-on workshops, quizzes, written homework and assigned readings from the manual.
The first two days of the program are designed to provide an overview of concrete components, coating and surfacing types and surface preparation and substrate repair techniques. At the end of Day 2, the training exam is given. You must pass the training exam with a 70% or better to move on to Day 3-5.
Days 3-5 of the program are devoted to classroom lecture about planning and providing third party quality assurance through inspection from pre-surface preparation through post coating application. Lectures are supplemented by quizzes and group exercises. At the end of Day 5, the technician exam is given. The technician written exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and a hands-on test in the practical use of instruments. A passing grade of 70% or higher on the written and hands-on technician exam is required pass the class.
Who Should Attend
Inspectors, contractor managers, specifying engineers, technical representatives and material and equipment suppliers involved in the concrete coating industry.