CCI Supplement: Determining the Level of Moisture in Concrete (CCI SUPP)
Duration: 1 Day/ 8 Hours (Includes Practical Exam)
Class Times: 8:00-5:30
Cost: Member $395 Non-Member $595
Credits: 0.8 CEUs
Certification Term: N/A
Prerequisites: Yes – Prerequisites can be found at www.sspc.org/training
Practical Exam Retake Fee: $200 member; $300 non-member
Contact Kelly Oakes to schedule
Phone: (877) 281-7772 ext. 2215
How to Register
Click here to find a course & register online
Candidate must have taken and passed the Certification Level of the SSPC Concrete Coating Inspector Program (CCI).
This certification course covers those skills required to conduct moisture testing of concrete substrates prior to coating application. It defines and explains the steps for measuring moisture in accordance with relevant ASTM Standard Test Methods.
- ASTM D4263 – Standard Test Method for Indicating Moisture in Concrete by the Plastic Sheet Method
- ASTM F1869 – Standard Test Method for Measuring Moisture Vapor Emission Rate of Concrete Subfloor Using Anhydrous Calcium Chloride
- ASTM F2170 – Standard Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete Floor Slabs Using in situ Probes
- ASTM F2420 – Standard Test Method for Determining Relative Humidity on the Surface of Concrete Floor Slabs Using Relative Humidity Probe Measurement and Insulated Hood
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Define the term “moisture” when related to concrete
- Explain how “moisture” negatively impacts a concrete substrate that is to be coated
- Define moisture vapor emission rate
- Define relative humidity
- Define dew point and relative humidity
- Explain and conduct the necessary steps to measure moisture in concrete in accordance with ASTM D4263, F1869, F2170 and F2420
- Evaluate the ASTM standard test methods results
- Report and document the ASTM standard test methods results
Each participant will receive a comprehensive student manual. The program consists of a lecture, a hands-on workshop, along with a practical certification exam.
To receive a certificate or completion and CEUs, you must attend all 8.5 hours of the course and attain a grade of 70% or higher on the exam.
Who Should Attend
SSPC CCI Level 2 Inspectors
Click here for accreditation Information