Selection of Coatings
Duration: 1 Day/8 Hours (Includes Written Exam)
Class Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cost: Member $395 Non-Member $595
Credits: 0.8 CEUs
Certification Term: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
The course offers guidance on how to accurately specify and select a coating for a specific substrate (i.e., steel, concrete, non-ferrous), structure, and environment. It defines the primary functions of a coating, the types of substrates that are painted, and the demands of the environment.
- Primary Functions of Coatings
- Types of Substrates Painted
- Demands of the Environment
- Selection of Coatings
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Define the primary function of a coating
- Define the different substrates that are painted
- Recognize the demands the environment imposes on a coating
- Determine the proper coating to specify for a given structure in a particular environment
The course is a combination of lecture and workshops with a comprehensive student manual including relevant standards. It concludes with a written exam in which students review coating selection charts and provide short answers to the exam questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs you must attend all 8 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Who Should Attend
Coatings contractors and specifiers. Anyone involved in selecting coatings for industrial work.
Click here for accreditation information