Evaluating Common Coating Contract Clauses (CONTRACT)
Duration: 1 Day / 8 Hours
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: Member - $395, NonMember - $595
Credits: 0.75 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
This course provides a basic overview of those clauses most common to coatings contracts. It follows the outline of a standard construction contract while also teaching students to identify the key provisions that may be missing from contracts they receive.
- Contract Documents
- Mutual Rights And Responsibilities
- Changes in the Work
- Dispute Resolution
- Termination, Suspension or Assignment of the Subcontract
- The Work of the Subcontractor
- Date of Commencement and Substantial Completion
- Progress Payments
- Final Payment
- Insurance and Bonds
- Temporary Facilities and Working Conditions
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Subcontract Documents
- Prime Contracts
- Unique Clauses and Claims
- Case Studies
- Glossary of terms
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the basic principles of construction contracting
- Recognize some of the more common legal terms used in construction contracting
- Identify and prioritize typical construction contract documents
- Evaluate the risks and costs associated with the various forms of dispute resolution
- Evaluate the basic terms and conditions of a protective coating contract
- Recognize the potential consequences of subjects not included in a coating contract
- Associate contract clauses with different aspects of the job and recognize their effect on potential disputes
Lecture; scenario-based exercises using a sample contract; quizzes and final exam. Each participant will receive a comprehensive student manual. The written exam consists of multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs you must attend all 8 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
- This course is strongly recommended as a prerequisite for anyone taking Project Management for the Industrial Painting Contractor.
Who Should Attend
Experienced specification writers who want enhanced knowledge of coating specifications; coating program managers who want to learn more about coating specifications.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, Airforce and Coast Guard personnel in SSPC's CONTRACT Course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.