FUNDAMENTALS OF PROTECTIVE COATINGS ECOURSE (C1)
Duration: 16-Week Semester
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: n/a
Cost: Member - $845, NonMember - $1,045, Flex Points - 15
Credits: 3.8 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
Students can now take the exam online as soon as they finish completing the units and quizzes. The exam is corrected automatically and you will know your results right away.
This course provides a practical and comprehensive overview for those who are new to the protective coatings industry. It is also an ideal refresher for reviewing the fundamentals of corrosion and the use of coatings as a protective mechanism against corrosion and deterioration of industrial structures.
- Corrosion and Corrosion Control
- Coating Types and Their Mechanisms and Protection
- Surface Preparation for Painting
- Application of Coatings
- Inspection and Quality Control
- Coatings for Steel Structures
- Coating Degradation, Defects, and Failures
- Coating of Concrete Surfaces
- Safety in Painting Operations
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify types of corrosion and select coatings that meet project demands.
- Recognize the different types of coatings available and the various mechanisms at work in the process of protection.
- Discuss how proper surface preparation is critical to achieving the maximum level of protection available through protective coating systems.
- Describe the inspection equipment and methods used to ensure that all specification requirements are met.
- Classify coating selection and application by facility and service environment.
- List the factors that accelerate coating deterioration and the techniques used to avoid common defects.
- Distinguish the unique selection and application problems with coating concrete surfaces.
- Recognize the safety hazards involved in coating operations and the responsibilities of management and workers in safety training and practices.
General eCourse Information
SSPC eCourses are perfect for those students who are unable to attend a regular public offering. This e-learning course features the same units that are used in the on-site classes. Each unit has been converted into a series of web pages that students can access whenever it is convenient to them.
How Often are the eCourses Offered?
SSPC online training courses are available on-demand. In other words, learners can sign up whenever they are ready and their online training will be available upon enrollment. Learners can work at their own pace over a 16-week period to complete each component of their online training, including a final exam.
C1 and C2 fulfill part of the training requirement for Protective Coatings Specialist (PCS) certification. Taking the C1 and C2 online is a cost-effective and convenient way to meet your professional development and career goals.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, Airforce and Coast Guard personnel in SSPC's C1 Course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.