Duration: 3 Days / 24 Hours, Includes Course Exam
Credits: 2.4 CEUs
Cost: Member: $750 / Non-Member: $850
How to Register:
Contact Rachel Clites, SSPC
Phone: 412.281.2331 ext. 2232
Toll Free: 1.877.281.7772
Click here to find a course & register
This three day Instructor-Led Training (ILT) will provide participants with knowledge and skills necessary to manage a safety and health program in industrial painting operations. This course will be delivered in 17 units featuring lecture, participant engagement exercises and workshops.
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the role of the Safety Director/Manager in industrial coating operations
- Explain the difference between a contractor’s Corporate Safety Manual and a job-specific Safety Plan
- Recognize, evaluate and control hazardous chemicals in industrial coating operations
- Recognize, evaluate and control occupational hazards in industrial coating operations
- Complete a Job Hazard Analysis for typical industrial coating operations
- Analyze accident reports and the implementation of prevention methods
- Develop a job-specific Safety Plan that applies the safety and health principals in the contractor’s Corporate Safety Manual to a specific industrial coating project
- Explain the implementation of a site-specific safety and health plan by the on-site Competent Person
To provide the Safety Director/Manager the necessary knowledge to manage the Safety and Health Program at the corporate level, as well as develop, implement and manage a Safety and Health Plan at the project level.
Who should attend
Attendees of this course should consist of individuals responsible for the development,implementation and/or management of an Industrial Painting contractor’s Safety and Health Program at both the corporate and site-specific levels.
Participants should have a background in Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Civil Engineering, and/or field work supervision. Experience levels of participants should range from at least 1 year to 10 years.