INSPECTING CONTAINMENT (CONTAINMENT)
Duration: 1 Day (8 Hours)
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: Member - $395, NonMember - $595
Credits: 0.7 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
This course covers inspecting containment systems in situ (erected in the field on or near the structure). It reviews how an inspector can check to verify whether the containment system meets contract requirements in terms of design and function during surface preparation, debris collection, and related activities.
- Matching Surface Preparation and Debris Collection with Proper Containment Requirements
- Containment Systems
- Dust Collection
- Methods for Assessing Quantity of Emissions
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Verify whether a containment system meets contract requirements in terms of design and function during surface preparation, debris collection, and other related activities
- Match surface preparation and debris collection methods to containment requirements
- Define illumination requirements for a given job based on the classification of location
- Verify the amount of emissions escaping from a containment area
The course is a combination of lecture and workshops with a comprehensive student manual including relevant standards. It concludes with a 25-question written exam. To receive a certificate and CEUs you must attend all 8 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Who Should Attend
Level 2 and Level 3 certified coating inspectors with experience working on job sites with hazardous paint removal. Taking this course without having any inspection experience only provides a person with basic knowledge of inspecting containment.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, Airforce and Coast Guard personnel in SSPC's CONTAINMENT Course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.