Inspection Planning and Documentation (INSPEC PLAN)
Duration: 2 days, Includes Course, Course Exam
Class Times: 8:00 - 5:00
Cost: Member $620, Non-Member $820
Credits: 1.4 CEUs
Certification Terms: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
This two-day course is designed to help coating inspectors learn how to plan inspections effectively before the work starts and accurately document results of tests and inspections conducted after work begins. The training will emphasize:
- Carefully reviewing plans and specifications in order to develop a comprehensive inspection plan
- Using forms to accurately and legibly document project-specific inspection and test results, non-conforming work and rework
Module 1: Inspection Planning
Module 2: Inspection Documentation
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of thorough documentation
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
- Compare inspection results to specification requirements
- Describe key forms used to document coating work and quality monitoring
This course will be presented in a workshop format and is designed for practicing coating inspectors already familiar with commonly used coating inspection instruments and standards of practice.
The written exam consists of multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEU’s, you must attend all 16 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Who Should Attend
The course has value for owners and others who monitor and audit contractor Quality Control inspection reports as part of their Quality Assurance program on coating projects.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy and Airforce personnel. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, contact Jennifer Merck at 877.281.7772, ext 2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for accreditation Information