Submit Supervisor/Competent Person Training Refresher Course For Deleading/Hazardous Coatings Removal on Industrial and Marine Structures (C5)
Duration: 1 Day / 8 Hours, Includes Course Exam
Class Time: 8:00 - 5:00
Cost: Member $395, Non-member $595
Credits: 0.8 CEUs
Certification Terms: N/A
Prerequisites: Yes- Must take SSPC C-3 first.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
Contact Kelly Oakes to schedule
Phone: (877) 281-7772 ext. 2215
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
Requirements for the Lead Paint Removal Refresher (C5): SSPC C3
The SSPC C-5 refresher class is required to be completed:
- Annually for those people working with companies that are SSPC QP-2 certified, or on projects where the SSPC QP-2 certification is required or;
- SSPC recommends every two years for all others unless regulatory or contract requirements are more stringent.
Note: Check with the Department of Environment with your state for their specific requirements. Most states require a C5 refresher every two years.
Note: Virginia Department of Environment is every 3 years.
The SSPC reserves the right to allow a 90 day grace period after the 1 or 2 year time frame to allow students time to attend a refresher class.
This one-day course provides a review of Competent Person duties and responsibilities in working with lead and other hazardous materials encountered in industrial coatings work. It also reviews relevant OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Competent Person Requirements
- Health Effects / OSHA Health Standards
- EPA Regulations
- Overview of Containment and Ventilation
- Regulatory Update
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to
- Recognize the duties and responsibilities of a Competent Person in protecting workers, the community, and the environment in the removal of hazardous materials during industrial coatings projects.
- Identify those OSHA and EPA regulations relevant to the removal of hazardous materials during industrial/marine coatings projects.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that includes copies of relevant standards and regulations. The written exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs you must attend all 8 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Who Should Attend
This course was designed to refresh Supervisors/Competent Persons who have completed the SSPC C3 training and who are experienced at performing Competent Person duties on hazardous paint removal projects on industrial structures or components in the shop or field. Engineers, EHS, and other consultants and specifying or project managers who have completed C3 may also attend.
For Illinois, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey and Virginia state supplements are available with this course for an additional charge of $25 per state.
For information on State Supplements contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: This SSPC course meets the requirements of state programs that require refresher training to maintain supervisor certification and meets QP 2 requirements for competent person refresher training certification
Click here for Accreditation Information
Click here for Licensee Information & C3 Schedule