Fundamentals of Coating Application & Inspection (CTG APP INSP) eCourse
Duration: 16 Weeks - Online
Cost: Member $995, NonMember $1,195
How to Register:
Click here to find out how to register online.
The objective of this course is to thoroughly train individuals in the proper methods of inspection for surface preparation and installation of industrial and marine protective coatings and lining systems on an array of industrial structures and facilities. There are no prerequisites to take the Online Course.
- Protective Coatings Application
- Abrasive Blast Cleaning
- Spray Painting
- Inspection and Engineering
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the common duties, responsibilities, and the role of an industrial coatings inspector
- Recognize the role of the coating manufacturer on a coatings project
- Describe the authority of a coatings inspector
- Explain the importance of thorough documentation
- Identify the differences between quality assurance and quality control and the common duties of quality assurance and quality control personnel
- Describe the purpose and content of a pre-job or preconstruction conference
- Explain the importance of ethics of inspection personnel
- Describe the methods used to evaluate coating performance prior to full-scale installation
- Describe the unique aspects of performing coatings inspection on an overcoating project and on projects employing thermal spray coatings, powder coatings, and duplex coating systems
- Describe how coatings inspection can help prevent premature coating failure
- List potential safety hazards associated with coatings inspection
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
- Perform coatings inspection and industrial projects
- Compare inspection results to specification requirements
To pass the Online Training, candidates must get a 70% or higher on exam.
Who Should Attend
Coatings project managers, quality managers, inspectors, contractor supervisory level personnel, coating specification writers or coatings or equipment suppliers, coating consultants, or technical service representatives involved in the steel protective coatings industry.
What Do You Get?
- 24/7 access to some of the best coatings training materials in the world
- Over 190 training units with nearly 3,000 instructional slides
- Slides containing videos, animations, diagrams, photographs and voice-over
- Units with printable documentation and training notes, video guides, tools, calculations, and conversions
Click here to preview the CAI site: https://coating-fundamentals.com
Written Exam Retake Fee - $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
General eCourse Information
SSPC eCourses are perfect for those students who are unable to attend a regular public offering. After completing each quiz, students receive instant feedback to aid in the learning process. Workshops are designed to encourage interactivity among students and the instructor. The CTG APP INSP Online Training also includes videos demonstrating important procedures and practices.
For More Information:firstname.lastname@example.org