Planning & Specifying Industrial Coatings Projects eCourse (C2)
Duration: 16-Week Semester
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: n/a
Cost: Member - $845, NonMember - $1,045, Flex Points - 15
Credits: 3.8 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
Students can now take the exam online as soon as they finish completing the units and quizzes.
The exam is corrected automatically and you will know your results right away.
This course is designed to provide those who understand coating fundamentals with an overview of the principles of planning, awarding, and monitoring the quality of new construction or maintenance painting projects. After completing this training program, students will be familiar with tools to develop effective coating projects and play a more active role in managing painting projects to successful completion.
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key issues in managing a coatings project, including contracts, specifications, coating selection, and the roles of project participants
- Analyze and prepare a coating specification through the use of corporate engineering standards
- Recognize the cost of corrosion and select materials to mitigate it
- Estimate accurately in project cost analysis
- Define scheduling requirements, exposure environments, and coating systems for new construction
- Conduct facility condition surveys and analyses for maintenance painting
- Apply documentation methods during project administration
- Recognize coating failures
- Identify and comply with relevant environmental regulations
General eCourse Information
SSPC eCourses are perfect for those students who are unable to attend a regular public offering. This e-learning course features the same units that are used in the on-site classes.
How Often are the eCourses Offered?
SSPC online training courses are available on-demand. In other words, learners can sign up whenever they are ready and their online training will be available upon enrollment. Learners can work at their own pace over a 16-week period to complete each component of their online training, including a final exam.
C1 and C2 fulfill part of the training requirement for Protective Coatings Specialist (PCS) certification. Taking the C1 and C2 online is a cost-effective and convenient way to meet your professional development and career goals.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, Airforce and Coast Guard personnel in SSPC's C2 Course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Approved C2 Licensees
SSPC Training Courses are available through the following SSPC licensed training providers.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.