Planning and Specifying Industrial Coatings Projects (C2) eCourse
Duration: 40 hours over a 16-Week Semester, Includes Course Exam
Class Times: N/A
Cost: Member $845, non-Member $1,045, Flex Points 15
Credits: 3.8 CEUs
Certification Terms: N/A
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
Students can now take the exam online as soon as they finish completing the units and quizzes.
The exam is corrected automatically and you will know your results right away.
This course is designed to provide those who understand coating fundamentals with an overview of the principles of planning, awarding, and monitoring the quality of new construction or maintenance painting projects. After completing this training program, students will be familiar with tools to develop effective coating projects and play a more active role in managing painting projects to successful completion.
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key issues in managing a coatings project, including contracts, specifications, coating selection, and the roles of project participants
- Analyze and prepare a coating specification through the use of corporate engineering standards
- Recognize the cost of corrosion and select materials to mitigate it
- Estimate accurately in project cost analysis
- Define scheduling requirements, exposure environments, and coating systems for new construction
- Conduct facility condition surveys and analyses for maintenance painting
- Apply documentation methods during project administration
- Recognize coating failures
- Identify and comply with relevant environmental regulations
General eCourse Information
SSPC eCourses are perfect for those students who are unable to attend a regular public offering. This e-learning course features the same units that are used in the on-site classes.
How Often are the eCourses Offered?
SSPC online training courses are available on-demand. In other words, learners can sign up whenever they are ready and their online training will be available upon enrollment. Learners can work at their own pace over a 16-week period to complete each component of their online training, including a final exam.
- Contact Dee Boyle at email@example.com or 412.281.2331, ext. 2202 to register by phone or email
C1 and C2 fulfill part of the training requirement for Protective Coatings Specialist (PCS) certification. Taking the C1 and C2 online is a cost-effective and convenient way to meet your professional development and career goals.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD personnel in SSPC's C1 and C2 Courses. For more information on how to take advantage of attending the above courses for free, contact Jennifer Merck at 877-281-7772, ext 2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.