Quality Control Supervisor (QCS)
Duration: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Includes: Written Exam
Class Times: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cost: Member - $595, NonMember - $795
Credits: 1.5 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register online
This course is designed to provide training in quality management for SSPC-Certified contractor personnel, Technical Quality Managers (TQM), and inspectors employed by SSPCQP 5 inspection firms. It provides an overview of the quality management aspects of surface preparation, paint, coatings, and inspection operations that a Quality Control Supervisor (QCS) needs to know to ensure delivery of a quality product to customers. It is highly recommended that persons attending the QCS course have recent inspection training (SSPC PCI, NBPI or BCI) or equivalent formal training and also have some quality control experience.
- Quality Systems
- QCS Qualifications & Requirements
- Training & Qualifications
- Technical Resources
- Quality Manuals & Procedures
- Documentation & Data Control
- Calibration Programs
- Contract Document & Specification Review
- Work Plans & Process Control Procedures
- Inspection Plans
- Inspection Reports
- Internal Audits
Benefits of Attending
At the conclusion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of quality control supervisors
- Identify the technical resources a QCS should have on hand
- Define common quality system terms
- Describe the contents of a typical quality control manual
- Discuss the importance of written procedures and the requirements for writing them
- Recognize the need to control all documents and data related to the company’s quality program
- Apply document review procedures
- Describe inspection plans and types of inspection
- Examine and correct system deficiencies that have caused non conformities
- Determine how to show conformance to specifications through detailed documentation
- Establish a program to monitor all equipment requiring calibration
- Identify the general training requirements for contractor QC personnel in the field or on the shop floor.
- Lecture & Discussion
- Hands-on Workshops
The PCI Exam Consists of:
Each candidate selects five essay questions to answer. Each essay is worth 20 points.
Exercise and Workshop Topics
- Interpreting project specification and product data sheet information
- Developing a work plan
- Developing an inspection plan
- Reviewing inspection reports
Who Should Attend
SSPC-Certified contractor personnel, Technical Quality Managers (TQM),and inspectors employed by SSPC-QP 5 inspection firms. It is also applicable to project managers, coating specifiers, contracting officers, plant and facility managers, coating inspectors and technical service representatives in the industrial and marine coatings industry. This course is not intended to replace the more formal quality management courses available from such organizations as the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, Airforce and Coast Guard personnel in SSPC's QCS Course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Can I Take This Course Online?
Yes, QCS eCourse can be taken online and it starts on the 15th of each month throughout the year. Each semester is 20 weeks (5 months). Students can work at their own pace over the 20-week period to complete the units, workshops, and quizzes. The final exam is also completed online.
SSPC QP1- The QCS course meets the requirements specified in section 3.3.1 of SSPC-QP 1.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.
Approved PCS Licensees
SSPC Training Courses are available through the following SSPC licensed training providers.