Duration: 1 Day / 8 Hours, Includes Course Exam
Credits: 0.8 CEUs
Cost: Member: $395 / Non-Member: $595
How to Register:
Click here to find a course & register
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
This program covers the inspection of thermal spray from pre-surface preparation through coating application.
- Thermal Spray Process Overview
- The Inspector’s Role
- Inspection Hold Points
- Thermal Spray Inspection Procedures
- Inspecting Surface Preparation
- Inspecting Applied TSC
- Thermal Spray Safety
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and describe the proper role of the inspector
- Recognize common inspection hold points and quality control procedures for thermal spray inspection
- Implement and follow correct thermal spray inspection procedures for surface preparation and application
The classroom session consists of an 8-hour lecture and is supplemented by workshops in which students learn how to navigate the NAVSEA Standard Item on thermal spray and a DOT specification and complete a four-station exercise of common thermal spray inspection tests, including profile, film thickness, tensile pull-off, and mandrel bend test.
Who should attend
- Project supervisors
- Inspectors involved in NAVSEA and DOT thermal spray projects
Students wishing to get a certification of completion for the Thermal Spray Inspector course must pass the written exam. Prior to attending the Thermal Spray Inspector program, all individuals must provide adequate information showing that they meet the minimum requirements as set forth in the prerequisite form. If SSPC is unable to verify the accuracy of any information reported on this form, it may result in the rejection of your application.
What happens if I do not meet the prerequisite?
If you do not meet the prerequisites, you can still attend the course and get a certificate of attendance.