Coast Gaurd Basic Paint Inspection Course (COAST GAURD)
Duration: 5 Days / 40 Hours
Includes: Course Exam
Class Times: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: Member - $1,095, NonMember - $1,295
Credits: 3.8 CEUs
Certification Term: n/a
How to Register
Click here to find a course & register online
This is a five-day inspection course that was developed to train coatings inspectors in those duties and responsibilities involved in inspecting surface preparation and application for the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Fundamentals of Corrosion
- Corrosion Control
- Mechanical Cleaning Methods
- Abrasive Blast Cleaning
- Waterjetting and Alternate Surface Preparation
- Surface Preparation Method Selection
- Coating Systems
- Coating Application
- Inspection and Check Points
- Tank and Void Corrosion Assessment and Inspection
Benefits of Attending
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the steps required to achieve quality surface preparation and application.
- Recognize the importance of coatings assessment.
- Explain the inspector’s role in supporting Coast Guard activities through coatings quality assurance.
- Describe the tools the inspector uses in quality assurance.
- Lecture and discussions
- Demonstrations and workshops
- Course Written Final Exam (closed book)
- Course Practical Final Exam
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that includes copies of relevant standards.
The written exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs, you must attend all 40 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the written final exam.
Who Should Attend
The course is primarily designed for people and organizations that are involved in painting work for the Coast Guard. However, the comprehensive nature of this course makes it an ideal tool for anyone interested in this subject.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel in this course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.
Written Exam Retake Fee: $100 member; $200 non-member
To contact SSPC or to schedule a retake exam, please click here.
Click here to learn more about the agencies that recognize SSPC training and certification.