Prerequisites for Water Jetting Program (C13)
Experience Requirements for the C-13: Water Jetting Program
- Students wishing to achieve the C13 Certification must pass the written and hands-on exams.
- Each student must also obtain written confirmation from his or her employer's human resource manager that the student has done a minimum of 120 documented hours experience water jetting in an industrial or marine environment prior to qualifying for the C-13 Certification.
- The written multiple-choice exam is worth a maximum of 100 points. The hands-on evaluation is also worth a maximum of 100 points. Candidates wishing to achieve the C13 Certification and CEU's must attend all 16 hours of the certification and pass the written exam with a score of 70% and the hands-on exam with a score of 80%.
The following item must be submitted to SSPC no later than two weeks before the scheduled course:
SSPC Training Coordinator
800 Trumbull Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15205-4365
Phone: 412-281-2331 x2204
Please note: In order to be eligible for C13 Certification Program, the pre-requisite form must be completed and signed by your HR Manager and given to SSPC two weeks prior to the course start date. Failure to fill out the form truthfully, or any instance of providing inaccurate information, will result in immediate denial or revocation of the C13 Certification. Failure to cooperate with the program instructors, or properly prepare for the hands-on Certification session, will also be grounds for denial of Certification.
What happens to students that do not meet the prerequisites?
- The student without the 120 hours of waterjetting experience is allowed to take the C13 Training and exams.
- The student would be sent a letter after the training stating that they took 16 hours of training.
- If the student without the experience passed the C13 test, they would be allowed to submit a new experience form in the future (i.e., after they get the required hours of experience). This new experience form must be submitted within 1 year of the class date.
- Once we receive this letter they would then take a C13 online written exam. If they pass the exam with an 85% they will then be issued a wallet card from the date the exam was graded. The fee to take the exam is $250 for SSPC Members and $350 for non-members.
- Before they have the C13 Certification, the student would not be considered waterjetting certified, but would be allowed to work under supervision of an individual with a C13 certification to gain the required experience.
- If they take the C13 Training and fails the exam, they would have to re-take the class.