Funding for SSPC Training
Under a contract with the DoD Corrosion Policy and Oversight Office, free funding is available for the following personnel for SSPC Training/Certification programs:
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
Approved personnel can register for SSPC coatings training programs and have the cost of the course covered by the funding.
The DoD contract runs from August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
- Funding is on a first come first served basis. Classes are expected to fill up quickly so reserve your slot early.
- Deadline to register for all classes is 21 days before the course start date.
- Travel and incidental costs (lodging, per diem, etc) are not covered by the funding.
- Only the cost of the course and exam are funded under the contract.
- The funding is being provided by the DoD Corrosion Policy and Oversight Office.
SSPC is an approved License & Certification facility for Veterans Education benefits by the Pennsylvania State Approving Agency. Veterans and eligible dependents should visit the GI Bill® website to determine eligibility at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
Veterans can get reimbursed for SSPC Training and Certification Exams under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, Section 3689. To receive reimbursement, students must prepay for an SSPC course and then submit the appropriate paper work to The Department of Veterans Affairs. Once the paperwork is processed, The Department of Veterans Affairs will reimburse the student.Click here for more information.
College Scholarship Program
SSPC offers annual $2,500 scholarships for college students. Eligible students include those who are current SSPC members or the children or grandchildren of current members. Any student who is pursuing an education in a STEM field can apply for the scholarship. Click here to complete the form.