Funding for SSPC Training
Under a contract with the DoD Corrosion Policy and Oversight Office, free funding is available for the following personnel for SSPC Training/Certification programs:
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
Approved personnel can register for SSPC coatings training programs and have the cost of the course covered by the funding.
The DoD contract runs from August 1, 2017 through July 31, 2018.
- Funding is on a first come first served basis. Classes are expected to fill up quickly so reserve your slot early.
- Deadline to register for all classes is 21 days before the course start date.
- Travel and incidental costs (lodging, per diem, etc) are not covered by the funding.
- Only the cost of the course and exam are funded under the contract.
- The funding is being provided by the DoD Corrosion Policy and Oversight Office.
Veterans can now get reimbursed for SSPC Training/Certification Exams. SSPC is pleased to announce that retroactive to June 1, 2010, many training and certification exams have been approved for Veterans Education under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code, Section 3689. Click here for more information.
College Scholarship Program
SSPC offers up to 10 annual $2,500 scholarships for college students. Eligible students include those who are current SSPC members or the children or grandchildren of current members. Any student who is pursuing an education in a STEM field can apply for the scholarship. Click here to complete the form.