THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Board of Governors (referred to herein as the “Board”), composed of a minimum of thirteen (13) elected members, shall manage the affairs of SSPC. The Board acts as the Board of Directors of the SSPC as described in its Articles.
The composition of the Board shall be elected from individuals representing the following categories:
- Facility Owners (individuals who own or are employed by public or private sector owners of assets who are responsible for the maintenance of coatings of heavy or light industrial structures and surfaces).
- Coating Material Suppliers (individuals who own, are employed by, or represent firms that manufacture or distribute coatings, linings, or the raw materials used to manufacture these products).
- Other Product Suppliers (individuals who own, are employed by, or represent firms that manufacture or distribute equipment, abrasive, or peripheral products for use in the protective coatings industry).
- Union Coating Contractors (individuals who own or are employed by contracting firms who are part of a collective bargaining agreement for labor and specialize in the removal or application of coatings and linings, either in the field or shop).
- Non-Union Coating Contractors (individuals who own or are employed by contracting firms whose labor force is open/merit shop and specialize in the removal or application of coatings and linings, either in the field or shop).
- Other Service Providers (individuals who own, are employed by, or represent firms who provide services such as engineering and consulting, that support the protective coatings industry).
- International Membership (individuals who own or are employed by companies who do business and are located outside of North America). An international delegate shall be from any demographic. No more than one (1) international member shall be represented from each geographical area (i.e. Central/South America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, etc.) and must hold a valid passport from a country in that area. The Board may specify the geographical area for each international member position.
The number of Board members in each category will be guided by the demographics of the total membership and needs in a particular category. The Board may change its composition with the approval of two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members of the Board.
CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS
Effective July, 1 2018 – June, 30 2019
Garry D. Manous
Vice President of Operations
Atsalis Brothers Painting
24595 Groesbeck Highway
Warren, Michigan 48089
6900 Miller Drive
Warren, MI 48092
Joyce A. Wright
Protective Coatings-Process Improvement
Huntington Ingalls Industries – Newport News Shipbuilding
4101 Washington Avenue, Bldg. 86/3 Dept. 007
Newport News, VA 23607
Immediate Past President
Global Director – Corrosion Programs
The Sherwin-Williams Company
4440 Warrensville Center Road
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
Ex-Officio Board Members
Juan Caballero, PCS, MCI
Naval & Industrial Solutions S.A.
VIA Principal Chanis, Casa 10B
Local 2 Parque Lefevre
Keith W. Koebley – SSPC Staff/Treasurer
Director of Operations
SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings
William M. Worms – SSPC Staff/Secretary
SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings
James R. King, Jr.
John B. Conomos, Inc.
P.O. Box 279
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Kristin Leonard, PCS
ExxonMobil Research & Engineering
Materials Engineering Section
22777 Springwoods Village Parkway
Spring, TX 77389
Gregory M. Redick
Potomac Redan Associates LLC
Gunnar Ackx, PCS
Managing Director/Senior Coating Consultant
SCICON Worldwide bvba
8200 Brugge, Belgium
Ross D. Boyd
108 North Clay, Suite 210
Kirkwood, MO 63122
Vice President & Quality System Manager
Abhe & Svoboda, Inc.
18100 Dairy Lane
Jordan, MN 55352
Ahren Olson, PCS
Marketing Manager – Corrosion Protection
1 Covestro Circle
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
L. Skip Vernon, PCS, MCI
P.O. Box 639
Tijeras, NM 87059
Mana H. Al-Mansour, PCS
Al-Midra Tower, Saudi Aramco
Robert A. Cloutier
Manager Coatings & Corrosion Control
General Dynamics – Bath Iron Works
700 Washington St. MS 4055
Bath, ME 04530
Segment Strategic Key Account Representative
Herc Pro Solutions
929 W. La Cadena
Riverside, CA 92501
Sam B. Scaturro, PCS
Alpine Painting & Sandblasting Contractors
17 Florida Ave
Patterson, NJ 07503
SSPC’s day-to-day operations are run by five directors who oversee different parts of the organization. The Executive Director is the head of the organization with the other four directors reporting to that position.
- Executive Director: William M. Worms
- Director of Operations: Keith Koebley
- Director of Member Development & Engagement: Greg Muha
- Director of Technical Services: Kevin LaRue
- Director of Technology & Communications: Michael Kline
- Director of Training: Jennifer Merck
- Sr. Member Services Advisor: Terry Sowers
- Sr. Technical Services Advisor: Michael Damiano