SSPC Awards 20 College Scholarships
June 19, 2019
SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019-20 college scholarship awards:
- Karan Bansal, North Dakota State University
- Stephanie Brand, University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign
- Nomikos Christoforos, St. Petersburg College
- Panagiotis Christoforos, St. Petersburg College
- Jessica Davison, University of Southern Mississippi
- Zoriana Demchuk, North Dakota State University
- Tyler Kleinsasser, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Abby Longhofer, Florida State University
- Kristy McGaughey, Duquesne University
- Ashley Mieczkowski, Virginia Tech
- Samanbar Permeh, Florida International University
- Karina Reynolds, University of Southern Mississippi
- Milad Rezvani Rad, University of Alberta
- Andrew Schiffer, West Virginia University
- Margaret Schiffer, West Virginia University
- Grant Shepherd, Sewanee, University of the South
- Arnold Sison, University of Oklahoma
- Noah Van Hyning, University of Akron
- Cheng Zhang, University of Akron
- Meredith Zona, University of Pittsburgh
The SSPC Scholarship Program is funded in part by the proceeds from the Phil Calvo Memorial Golf Tournament, held each year in conjunction with the annual Coatings+ conference.
Each recipient has been awarded $2,500 in recognition of their impressive academic work.
In order to be considered for the SSPC scholarship, candidates must be a high school senior planning to enroll full-time or a student already enrolled full-time in an accredited institution of higher learning that has a three or four-year curriculum. They also must be a member of SSPC in good standing, or a child or grandchild of an SSPC member in good standing.
Awarded scholarship funds shall be applied to the direct costs of the student’s education courses. To coordinate the effort, SSPC will work with the institution’s financial aid office to ensure proper use of the funds.
In addition to the scholarship, each student is awarded a one-year membership in SSPC.
The scholarship application opens in January of each year, with applications due by April 30th. The 2020 – 2021 application will open in January of 2020.
For more information about the SSPC Scholarship Program, please contact Christine Lajzo at email@example.com.