January 17, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings recently released the winners of the 2020 SSPC Structure Awards. The awards are given annually to projects in seven different categories that represent the wide variety of structures and conditions faced by SSPC members and their project teams on jobsites throughout the world.
The award categories are outlined below. Full descriptions of each award can be found at SSPC.org/awards.
- Charles G. Munger Award: Recognizes outstanding industrial or commercial coatings project demonstrating longevity of the original coating.
- E. Crone Knoy Award: Recognizes outstanding achievement in industrial or commercial coatings work that demonstrates innovation, excellence in craftsmanship, or the use of state-of-the-art techniques or products to creatively solve problems or provide long-term service.
- Eric S. Kline Award: Honors outstanding achievement in industrial coatings work performed in a fixed shop facility.
- George Campbell Award: Honors outstanding achievement in the completion of a difficult or complex industrial or commercial coatings project.
- Military Coatings Award: Recognizes exceptional coatings work performed on U.S. military ships, structures or facilities.
- SSPC Coatings Industry Spirit Award: Recognizes a coatings project that demonstrates extraordinary service benefitting a community or the industry.
- William Johnson Award: Recognizes outstanding achievement demonstrating aesthetic merit in industrial or commercial coatings work.
The 2020 award winners will be honored at the Coatings+2020 Awards Luncheon set for February 3, 2020 at 11:30am in Long Beach, CA.
View details of the winning projects by clicking “Read More” below each image.