Revised NACE Town Hall Schedule and COVID-19 Impact
March 13, 2020
As most members of SSPC and NACE are aware, the ongoing crisis created by the COVID-19 outbreak has caused disruptions in the world economy and affected the plans of many organizations. Over the past week, the NACE Board of Directors voted to postpone CORROSION 2020 until June 14-18. However, the NACE board still plans to meet by phone on Saturday, March 14th in order to discuss and vote on the proposed combination of SSPC and NACE.
Due to the postponement of the conference, NACE has moved all planned Town Hall meetings to an online format to enable members worldwide to participate at a time that is convenient to them. Participating in the Town Hall meetings is free. The links below will take users to a registration page, so those wishing to participate are encouraged to register in advance.
The Town Hall meeting schedule is below. Please click the link to register for free for the session of your choice:
- Town Hall #1 – Monday, March 16 at 9 p.m. CST
- Town Hall #2 – Thursday, March 19 at 10 a.m. CST
- Town Hall #3 – Thursday, March 26 at 9 p.m. CST
- Town Hall #4 – Friday, March 27 at 8 a.m. CST
Content of the Town Hall meetings will primarily focus on what impact a combined organization will have on NACE, however, SSPC members are also welcome participate pose any questions or share any comments they may have.
Following is a timeline of upcoming discussion-related milestones.
- March 14 – NACE Board of Directors Meeting
- March 16 –NACE Online Town Hall #1 – 9:00 p.m. CST
- March 19 – NACE Online Town Hall #2 – 10:00 a.m. CST
- March 26 – NACE Online Town Hall #3 – 9:00 p.m. CST
- March 27 – NACE Online Town Hall #4 – 8:00 a.m. CST
- April 3 – 17 – Proposed SSPC and NACE member votes
In addition, SSPC and NACE will continue to update the Member FAQs with questions that are submitted to the staff and task group. You can always check the latest FAQs here
Please check your inbox next Friday, March 20 for Update #11 – NACE Board Meeting Update