UPDATED: May 17, 2019
Contact Aimée Beggs (firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-288-6042) if you are interested in joining one of these committees. Note that only one voting member per company is permitted on a committee, and no more than 50% of the voting members can represent supplier interests
- 1.1, Zinc Coatings: The committee will review and update Paint 30, Weld-Through Inorganic Zinc-Rich Primer and Paint 29, Zinc Dust Sacrificial Primer, Performance-based
- 1.3.D Polyurethane Coatings:The committee will review and update SSPC Paint 36, Two-Component Weatherable Aliphatic Polyurethane Topcoat, Performance-Based
- 1.4.C, Water-borne Coatings: Periodic review/revision of SSPC-Paint 23
- 1.8 Fluoropolymer Coatings: The committee is developing a performance-based standard for fluoropolymer coatings.
- 1.9 Polyurea Coatings: This reactivated committee will review/revise SSPC Paint 45, SSPC-PA 14, and two polyurea coating guidelines from the Polyurea Development Association submitted for consideration as joint consensus documents
- 1.10 Revision of SSPC-Paint 15, Steel Joist Shop Primer/Metal Building Primer
- 2.3, Revision of SSPC-SP 11, Power Tool Cleaning to Bare Metal and SSPC-SP 15, Commercial Grade Power Tool Cleaning.
- 2.8, Revision of SSPC-SP 16: The committee will review and revise SSPC-SP 16, Brush-Off Blast Cleaning of Non-Ferrous Metals
- 2.15, Periodic Review/Revision of SSPC-Guide 15,Field Methods for Extraction and Analysis of Soluble Salts on Steel and Other Nonporous Substrates.
- 2.21, Partial Blast Cleaning of Coated Steel for Maintenance Coating: The committee will develop a standard for blast cleaning corroded areas of coated steel while cleaning and roughening retained intact coating in preparation for maintenance coating.
- 3.7, Revision of SSPC-QP 5, Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualifications of Coating and Lining Inspection Companies
- 3.16, Revision of SSPC-PA Guide 11,Guide to Protection of Edges, Crevices and Irregular Surfaces
- 3.17, Revision of SSPC-QP 6, Standard Procedure for Evaluating the Qualifications of Contractors WhoApplyThermal Spray (Metallizing) for Corrosion Protection of Steel and Concrete Structures
- 8.2, Commercial Coating Materials: The committee will develop a performance standard for thin-film coating materials for concrete substrates in commercial applications.
- Committee for Review/Revision of SSPC-PA 8/NACE No. 11,Thin-Film Organic Linings Applied in New Carbon Steel Process Vessels
- International Standards Advisory Group: This group will monitor international standards activities that may affect SSPC and provide member input where possible