Training and certification by one of the most recognized international organizations is key for a craftworker. Craftsmen are the primary means of achieving first time quality, an essential to any company’s bottom line. The industrial coatings industry is highly technical and requires individuals to be expertly trained in surface preparation and coatings application. SSPC’s TTP Program is the program that prepares and certifies craftworkers. For someone just starting their career in the industrial coatings industry, TTP is essential for them to establish a foundation of expertise.
- Contractors involved in shop and field surface preparation and coating application
- With an approved trainer, a contractor is able to deliver the training, in-house, to their employees
- These organizations are typically training providers who conduct education and assessment for other companies and individuals
The curriculum, workshop guidance, exams, videos, and more are housed online and designed to be delivered by a trainer. Though extensive, the program is flexible and can be tailored to fit your companies internal training needs.
The SSPC Trainthepainter Program has 76 Coating Application, 25 Abrasive Blast Cleaning, and 15 Spray Painter lecture modules. The program also has 39 step-by-step hands on workshops, equating to approximately 80 hours of training material. These training modules map to our certification level exams. This includes CAS (level 1 and 2), C6, C7, and C12.
- Module 1 & 2: Applicator Module – 40 hours (5 days) including Health and Safety, Access Plant & Equipment, Surface Preparation, Coating Types, Coating Application, and Quality Control
- Module 3: Abrasive Blaster Module – 24 hours (3 days) including Introduction to Blasting, Health & Safety, Blast Media, Standards & Quality Control, Operational Procedures, and Process Control
- Module 4: Spray Painter Module – 16 hours (2 days) including Introduction to Spray Painting, Health & Safety, Paint Materials, Airless Spray Equipment, Conventional Spray, and Plural Component Spray
SUPPLEMENTARY COURSE MODULES
- Metallic Coatings: Thermal Metal Spray for Corrosion Protection and Galvanizing
- Intumescent Coatings: Both Thin Film and Thick Film Coatings
- Concrete: The role that moisture plays, the importance of preparation, and inspection techniques used for concrete
- Environmental: VOCs and hazardous waste disposal methods
- Coating Failures: Types of failures that mat be encountered in different stages of the process
- Management and Supervision: Requirements for suitable supervision for coating contracts
- Offshore and Marine: Offshore construction and maintenance, dry docking procedures, and marine coating systems
Trainthepainter Affiliate Companies
|University of Akron
|Naval and Industrial Solutions, S.A.
|Rader Coating Technologies
+86 (213) 431-3545
|CPT Europe BV
+31 (61) 897-1471
|Centro de Treinamento e Qualificacao Fernando Fragata LTDA